Thursday, August 17, 2006

I'm back...

...from my vacation. Can you guess where I was? Oh, that's right, Escape Goat already told you I went to Hawaii. To celebrate my return to the mainland, I offer music I picked up in Hawaii.

Nothing obscure here, I think everyone in Hawaii is required by law to own at least one copy of this CD. When Israel Kamakawiwo'ole died in 1997, "all Hawaii cried". As far as I can tell, this 1993 release, Facing Future, was his best selling CD. (This is the one with the medley Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World that most people are familiar with.) I'm really not a big fan of Hawaiian music, but this CD is quite nice. Iz, as he was known, had a really sweet voice.

I really don't have a lot more to say about the big guy. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm back, and that I'll be posting some of my more obscure vinyl here in the not too distant future. Aloha.

http://rapidshare.de/files/29692973/IzFF.rar.html
pw = HawaiiCrap

5 Comments:

At 8/20/2006 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're still posting. Got lots of good things from your blog. Does "Keep up the good work" sound too condescending? I hope you will, anyway.

Cheers.

 
At 8/21/2006 12:06 AM, Blogger L. Chupacabra said...

I see nothing condescending in that. Once Escape Goat completes his Hawaiian themed posts, I will begin posting some vinyl. At the top of my list you will find compilations of artists who recorded for Ralph Records: Residents, Yello, Fred Frith, Snakefinger, etc.

 
At 8/22/2006 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

am i reading right? - ralph artists? is it true? snakefinger? the rez and frith? i'm VERY curious about that, and thanks for the beautiful hawaiian rarities - makes the rainy weather just not existent!

 
At 8/22/2006 11:12 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

Aloha Mr. Lucky.
You heard right.
I know exactly what L Chupacabra is going to post next. It's a Ralph Records comp. He told me to finish the Hawaii music thingy first before he posted his.
It should be up in the next few days. Stay tuned. I'm sure he will respond to you as well.
And I thank you for the Hawaii Music kudo.

 
At 8/23/2006 12:12 AM, Blogger L. Chupacabra said...

Yes, I will post some Ralph very soon. I have The Best Of Ralph, which is a double album, very tasty. I also have Potatos, Vol 1, which is not quite as interesting, but has Negativeland and Snakefinger and such.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home